Nate Berkus is a well-known decorator, product designer and author producer who know’s how to make your home look fabulous. With his spring cleaning tips, you’ll be able to minimize the clutter in your home and make more room for new ideas to flow.
7 Tips to Spring Clean Your Home
1. Focus on the End Result: There is nothing more rewarding than the instant gratification that you feel when you’re in a clean environment. An organized environment provides you with the opportunity to be a better you, meaning you’ll be able to think more clearly, be more creative, and feel more relaxed.
2. Know When to Say Good-bye: Spring cleaning is the time of year to embrace the phrase “out with the old and in with the new.” If there are items in your home that you don’t interact with or you’ve forgotten about, then it’s time to let them go. This will ultimately give your home a chance to evolve with the exciting and ever-changing world of design.
3. Consider a Piece’s Life Cycle: When you value objects, it’s important that you know when the right time is to pass them on. Only pass on the items that you no longer need and that someone else may be waiting for.
4. Think About Where You Want Your Profits to End Up: When it comes to the amount you make selling your items, you have a few choices on how to make the most out of what you earn. You can either invest it in yourself or your home, or donate some of it or all to charity. Either way, each decision can go a long way.
5. Have the Right Tools: Two utensils that really make a difference when spring cleaning are: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and a Tide pen.
6. Don’t Make Excuses: Though excuses are easier to make than actually cleaning, doesn’t mean you should make them. Remember to focus on that instant gratification of a clean environment, and that should motivate you to see this task through.
7. Look at the Big Picture: When looking through all the items you’ve collected in your home during the years, it’s inevitable to have some sort of attachment to them. These items deserve a place that you can acknowledge them everyday, however that place will be hard to find if you’re surrounded by clutter. Remove the excess of items that you don’t need and live the life you were meant to live in your home.
Want to Know More About How to Spring Clean Your Home at The Manor?
As one of the leading brokerages in Fulton County, Atlanta Fine Homes knows the Milton real estate market inside and out. Contact us to view or learn more about the available listings at The Manor Golf & Country Club today!