If you have decided to move to Atlanta, there are a few things you should know before moving there. Georgia’s capital is known for its vibrant nightlife, entertainment, sports and, most of all, it’s history. We have provided these five fun facts about Atlanta to help you get acquainted with your new home!
Five Fun Facts About Atlanta
1. The Varsity is the world’s largest drive-in restaurant. The Varsity opened in 1928 by a man named Frank Gordy. His dedication to freshness, superior quality, advanced technology and serving the best food fast, quickly gained him and his establishment a worldwide reputation. The Varsity has attracted a variety of well-known people from different industries, such as the entertainment industry, the sports industry, the Governor’s Mansion and the White House.
2. Atlanta is home to two Nobel Peace Prize winners. The two Nobel Peace Prize winners that call Atlanta home are Martin Luther King Jr. and President Jimmy Carter. King received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964 for his dedication to achieve racial justice through non-violent action. Carter received the Nobel Peace Prize in 2002 for finding peaceful solutions to international conflicts, advancing democracy and human rights, and promoting economic and social development.
3. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is the world’s busiest airport. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport covers more than 150 U.S. destinations, more than 60 international destinations in 50 countries, and more than 2,500 daily flights.
4. Atlanta has the world’s largest toll-free dialing area. Within Atlanta’s 7,162 square mile radius, no long distance charges apply to any region in the Atlanta area.
5. Atlanta was the only city burned down in the Civil War. During the Civil War, Atlanta’s residents were asked to evacuate the city before the Union soldiers arrived to defeat the Confederate Army. As a result of this fight, the city was destroyed by fire.
Do You Want to Learn More Facts About Atlanta?
As one of the leading brokerages in Fulton County, Atlanta Fine Homes knows the Milton real estate market inside and out. Contact us to view or learn more about the available listings at The Manor Golf & Country Club today!